What is Trademark
- A trademark is a mark or sign, which in the form of, phrase, word, logo, or symbol or Taglines that differentiates the specific product from other product available in the market & Register above logo or sign with trademark department is known Trademark Registration.
- Trademark helps people to easily recognizes the specific organisation ownership over the product or Service.
- In other words, Trademark Shows that the Brand or Logo or Sign belong to which organisation and it also shows the ownership of the Company
- Trademark also Known as “Service Mark”(It help people to easily recognise or Differentiates the Source of Service instead of Product.
- Trademark or Servicemark treated as Intellectual Property of Organisation
- Example:- “Reliance”, “TATA”, “Patanjali” or “Maruti” etc.
Symbols use in Trademark Registration
- This symbol is used for Trademark registration of a Particular Product of the company and
- Publicly shows that the ownership of Trademark belongs to them which company or organisation.
- This symbol is used for Service Mark registration of Service provided by the company or organisation and
- its show the exclusive ownership of Service provided or delivered by the company or organisation by using particular “Service Mark”.
- This symbol provided to the company or organisation who apply for Trademark Registration or Service Mark Registration with the relevant authority and No objection is raised by any person.
- Then Authority issued the Registered Trademark or Service Mark to the company or Organisation after check all the parameter used for Trademark Registration or Service Mark Registration.
Trademark Search / Trademark Public Search / Trademark Search In India
Important Points Remember Trademark Registration / Trademark Search
- Application for Trademark Registration or Service Mark Registration doesn’t mean you have exclusive right over particular Trademark or Service Mark.
- After an application made by the owner for Trademark Registration or Service Mark Registration, The relevant authority issued newspaper publication for any objection to any person.
- If No objection is received then Trademark or Service Mark registered on the name of Owner.
- An Applicant can be made an application for Trademark Registration in a different class but filing fees is charged for each class.
- It is not mandatory to use Trademark before making an application. It can be made for proposed used of Trademark
- If Trademark not used for a continuous period of 5 years after Trademark Registration then Authority may remove your Trademark on Basis of “No Use”.
- Trademark Registration is valid for 10 years after that Trademark renewal is required.
Advantages of Trademark Registration
- Provide Legal Protection to Trademark Owner
- It is Prima-facie evidence of ownership of the Trademark or Servicemark Registered.
- it is Important Intellectual Property of Company or Organisation which help us to Create Goodwill in the Market.
- It gives exclusive right use Trademark (for goods) or Servicemark (for Service) registered for their Business.
- Trademarks can be sold, licensed or assigned.
- Trademark Registration or Servicemark Registration is valid in the whole of India.
Documents Required for Trademark Registration
- Name of Applicant (Company/Individual)
- Name(s) of
- Proprietor (In case of Proprietorship firm)
- Partners (In case of Partnership firm or LLP)
- Managing Director/Directors (In case of Company)
- Registered Office Address
- Name of the Contact Person With
- Mention the Trade Mark to be registered
- If the Trade Mark is a label or a logo, kindly send 10 labels/prints.
- If the Trade Mark is a word.
- Goods/Services in which respect Trade Mark to be registered
- Date from Which Trademark use in India (If proposed to be used, kindly specify Date)
- Any Previous owners of Trademark
For More Information about Trademark Registration visit this link